In the shipping cost, in addition to the sea freight, a series of costs on the "box" also occupy a large proportion, not to be underestimated. What are the costs around the box?
When the boxes enter the port, the dock is not open to collect boxes, can not enter the port. The team can't keep this box on the pickup card, there are other boxes to tow, so they will find a place to drop the box and drag it in when the port area opens. There is a drop-off fee.
Usually in special circumstances, it is necessary to pick up the suitcase before the normal date of picking up the suitcase in order to obtain the container number, fill in the manifest or other information. The cost generated at this time is called the withholding box fee.
And drop off the box
1. Scope of action:
The withholding box is usually used for shipments bound for the United States.
Drop-off charges are a cost incurred in export.
2. Causes of action:
The container withholding fee is due to AMS (anti-terrorism surcharge), which is limited by the AMS deadline. The container loading may be just after the AMS deadline, but the container number needs to be provided when AMS sends the manifest. So in this case, you have to pick up the box and put it in the yard.
Unloading fee is when the container is about to enter the port, due to some reasons of the port area or the shipping company, the port area has not started to collect the container, and the port has not opened yet. The team will find a place to drop the boxes, and then drag them in when the port opens.
Prepaid box fee: guest.
Drop-off fee: if the reason is the team, the team will bear the cost, if the guest problem, it should be charged to the guest.
Cases of demurrage
In order to speed up the flow of containers and avoid overstocking, shipping companies set free use periods for containers. Inside this deadline, cargo occupies container to be ok free of charge, exceed deadline, cargo occupies container to need to pay fixed amount charge, this is "hysteresis box is charged".
Demurrage charge per day. For export, it takes 7 days. Import is often incurred in the hysteresis fee, in the ship docked within a few days (such as ten days) the box can be used free of charge, after the specified time will be charged. Therefore, after the ship arrives at the port, it is necessary to complete the import customs clearance and arrange the delivery of goods in time, and return the empty containers to the place designated by the shipping company in time. The free use time of special containers is shorter. Of course, different shipping companies have different regulations, specific days to ask the shipping company. If it is the customer's SOC box, there is no arrester charge.
Enter the port fee
After encasement, the container of the ship has not opened the port, and the dock is not allowed to enter the port. The cost of early entry to the port if the application is granted.
Before the opening day, and anxious to finish the operation in advance, then how to choose the advance entry fee and unloading fee?
Drop off the cost depends on the team, each team charge standard is different, and the peak will also rise. Preloading is generally more fixed and certainly cheaper than unloading, but not all ports can preload. From the perspective of safety, pre-entry is also preferred, which can avoid emergencies the next day and has a high degree of safety.
The cost of moving containers. Dumping fees are generally due to the change of ship. Generally, the position of the container on the ship is planned. Once the ship changes, it is inevitable to pour the container. For example, in the process of sea transportation, each sea area has requirements for ship tonnage and route. Some ships are not suitable for certain seas or do not take certain routes, or take certain routes are not economical, and the cargo will be transferred to other ships.
In addition, there are:
1. The freight charge is the cost of taking the container from the terminal to the customs for inspection.
2. Loading fee is the cost of carrying the container to the container car when the goods need to be transported after customs clearance.
3. Air return fee is the cost of running back with empty containers after the import goods are pulled to the factory and unloaded, and vice versa for exports. In export freight, if the factory or freight forwarder has taken the boxes out of the yard, but for some reason (such as the goods are not on time), the container is not packed and the container is returned empty, the shipping company will charge the factory a certain fee, usually 80% of the trailer fee. This fee is called the "return charge" or "return charge".
4. The fee is charged when the customs or commodity inspection needs to open the box and fork the forklift out the goods for inspection.
5. Port flushing charge refers to the charge charged to the container late entering the port when the container is sent to the designated dock or storage yard later than the stipulated cut-off time, in order to catch the water ship, and the storage yard is just willing to accept the goods,......
There are a lot of charges for boxes. If you don't notice, you will incur extra charges. In any case, in order to ship the boxes smoothly, avoid additional costs and greater cost losses, we need to make clear these costs and make a judgment in advance!